"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision" – Bertrand Russell
- Learn to Read the Source, Luke – Jeff Atwood encourages us to read source code.
- 10 Reasons Why Visual Basic is Better Than C# – See, VB is better!
- The ASs of Distributed Computing – Overview of definitions of cloud computing terms
- Estimating is often helpful. Estimates are often not
- Kiva Engineering: Innovation Iteration – Dedicating development sprints to infrastructure or other IT chosen features.
- Providing Synchronous / Asynchronous Flexibility With jQuery.when
- Storytelling that inspires and delivers vision: Lessons from Google Glass –“But there's little that's emotionally resonant. It feels like a demonstration of how you'd do all the stuff you do on your iPhone today in your Glass tomorrow. The focus is on performing tasks that highlight features. It comes across like a technology searching for an application”
- jQuery Tip #7 - Consolidating jQuery Ajax Calls
- What’s new in Web Workbench 3.2 –Tools for working with Sass, Less and Coffeescript
- CodeMastery-Free event this Wednesday in waltham
- Odoyule Rules Engine for .NET
- Test Coverage-Martin Fowler discusses Code coverage and what the goals should be.
- Open DBDiff-Open source database diff tool
- Windows 8, BYOD, and AD membership –Rocky Lhotka speculates on the microsoft tablet strategy given the huge expense of BYOD.
- Should I learn Silverlight, Object C or HTML5 – More thoughts from Rocky this time on trying to pick the right skills.
- Online-converters- Useful online conversion tools.
“Have you no backbone? have you no spine? Whatever happened to no one gets left behind?”