A little lite on links but I make up for it on quotes on this post, a few inspired during my recent vacation.
“When we consider a project, we really study it--not just the surface idea, but everything about it. And when we go into that new project, we believe in it all the way. We have confidence in our ability to do it right. And we work hard to do the best possible job” – Walt Disney
“We are not trying to entertain the critics. I'll take my chances with the public” – Walt Disney
“On the other hand, when you do your work on someone else's schedule, your productivity plummets, because you are responding to the urgent, not the important, and your rhythm is shot.” – Seth Godin
- Windows 8 Is Gorgeous, But Is It More Than Just A Shell? – For anyone who hasn’t seen windows 8 yet, this is a nice short demo. Shows Windows 8 sporting a Windows Phone like Metro touch interface, as well as the ability to run on tablets.
- Demystifying Entity Framework Strategies: Loading Related Data- This is about lazy-loading vs eager loading as it pertains to EF. But I think the discussion of the topic has broader implication for deciding which and when to use each approach.
- Disaster tolerance – A short post about re-assessing your risk tolerance.
- Display branch name in Visual Studio 2010 title bar –Haven’t tried it but looks useful.
- My “Windows 7 Power Users Guide” eBook is Now FREE
- Legacy issues – Another short post questioning your approach to legacy features. Do you drag them along or cut and run.